Tapestry Local Connect
Tapestry Local Connect, as an online service, will build and expand on the outcomes from the online tea parties and draw together and connect online socially isolated older people from their communities, connect them digitally to their families, one another, local services such as libraries, churches, community centres, craft groups etc and to wider support services such as transport, health and carer support services. The service can advise on the purchase of a digital tablet, or, dependent on funding, the loan of an entry level Android tablet, support with customisation based on needs and interest and provide ongoing user support. For those already online, we will welcome to our online community and support with wider links based on interest and needs.
Tapestry Lunch Club will provide the following:
- Assess needs and, where possible, work with a nominated family member (if available).
- Tablet to be purchased by family/or the end user/guest – device advice provided by TLC.
- Conduct and establish interests and required support links via a questionnaire.
- Tablet to be customised by TLC in line with the questionnaire.
- TLC to deliver, assist with setup, provide initially training and ongoing support with interest, community, online opportunities and wider links such as online learning and shopping.
- TLC to support carers with accessing relevant online support and activities.
Please contact us (email@example.com) for further information.